Beer Bread
My mother-in-law served this delicious bread at dinner the other night and it was so tasty! For mine I used beat sugar, olive oil, and coors light, but I wonder how better beers would taste, like pumpkin ale or my husband's favorite, a chocolate stout.

3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbls butter (melted), margerine (melted), or oil.
1 beer

Preheat oven to 350. Flour or grease your pan. Mix ingredients and pour into bread pan. I added the beer last since it has yeast in it, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Bake for about 45 minutes. Mine turned out fabulous and I made some butter to put on it.
We had left over heavy whipping cream so I put in my mixer and whipped it until it seperated, adding a little honey and a pinch of salt. Then I set it up so that the left over liquid (butter milk) could drain out. Then I melted it and poured it into an upside down butter dish as a mold. When it cools a bit I'll just flip it over and voila!

No comments: